Warped Tour; the punk-rock Promised Land. The one day a year where no rain nor sunburn nor headache can alter a smile. The event was started in 1994 by Kevin Lyman and it has been running strong ever since. In honor of the 2010 Warped Tour that ripped through Toronto last week, Chill takes a look at best acts to ever hit a Warped Tour stage.
10. Paramore: Perhaps the youngest band included in this bunch, Paramore is being shown the ropes. Their performance is always stellar, and they are sure to be a Warped Tour lock for many years to come. They made four consecutive appearances, stretching from 2005-2009.
9. Underoath: Since forming in 1997, these metalcore heavyweights have been tearing up the Warped Tour. After performing on the tour five of the past six summers, the band has decided to stay in this summer and work towards producing a new album.
8. Bad Religion: Bad Religion and punk-rock are almost synonymous. These punk superstars have been gracing the Warped Tour stages since '98. Their guitarist, Brett Gurewitz, is the founder of Epitaph Records. This label has given a home to hundreds of indie bands.
7. Flogging Molly: This seven-piece band is famous for their brand of, what they call, "Celtic-punk." They have already made over seven appearances on the Warped Tour.
6. Less Than Jake: After performing on the '97 Warped Tour, Less Than Jake has made huge success in the ska scene. To date, this quartet has released eight full-length albums.
5. Motion City Soundtrack: This American pop band has seen it's fair share of the Warped Tour. After seven full stints on the tour, the band is still going strong. They just released a new record entitled "My Dinosaur Life."
4. NOFX: This punk group is older than I am. After forming in 1983, the band cultivated and addictive sound and eventually made way for the Warped Tour. Their first appearance was in 1996, and since then, they have made seven appearances.
3. New Found Glory: This band is a celebrity act in punk waters. 2010 is a big year for New Found, as they are celebrating the 10th anniversary of their self-titled record. Since its release, NFG has performed on Warped Tour four times.
2. Every Time I Die: Every Time I Die, my personal favourite of the bunch, is perhaps the most sought after act in the entire hardcore scene. ETID has been a mainstay at The Warped Tour since 2002. Their song, "The New Black," can be played on Guitar Hero III.
1. Blink-182: The Warped Tour is where these pop-punk legends made their name. Blink has been seen performing on the tour as early as '96. Since then, Blink has blessed the ears of listeners worldwide with such ditties as "What's My Age Again?" and "All The Small Things."