by Jennifer Zimmerman and Sean Kelly
Black Angus Fine Meats & Game
• 2 racks of beef ribs
• 400 ml of your favourite barbecue sauce
• 10 cloves of garlic
• 440 ml dark or amber beer
• 2 Spanish onions, roughly chopped
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Preheat your oven to 250 F. Place ribs in large pan meat side down and score the back side with a knife to prevent ribs from curling up in the oven. Add onions, garlic, beer and barbecue sauce. Cover with tightly with foil. Cook for approximately four hours.
2. Heat the grill to medium – about 400 F.
3. Pour rib-cooking liquid into a saucepot and bring to a boil. Take one cup of the sauce and in a separate bowl, whisk in the cornstarch. Pour back into the saucepot and bring back to the boil. When sauce has thickened, remove from heat. Place the ribs on the grill and brush liberally with sauce, let cook one side for five minutes, flip, brush liberally with sauce and grill another five minutes. Serve immediately.